With the increasing rate of crimes involving guns in Florida’s cities, the Orlando Sentinel gathered records from Florida’s biggest police agencies. Here are some of their findings:
- Over 60,000 guns were confiscated from Florida streets in the last 5 years.
- All of these firearms were involved in criminal charges or left at crime scenes.
- Orlando seized 1,160 firearms last year.
- The 9 mm pistol was the most popular, with 10,297 seized in the last 4 years.
- The number of 9 mm pistols confiscated has doubled in Jacksonville, Tampa, and Orlando in recent years.
If you have any questions about gun charges in Jacksonville, Clay County, or Nassau County, call our Jacksonville Gun Charges Attorneys at (904) 634-0900.