You cannot possess, sell, or buy a gun in Florida if:
1. You are a convicted felon.
2. If you are under indictment for a felony. (you can still possess a gun until you are convicted)
3. You are a fugitive. (if you failed to appear in court deliberately)
4. If you have been adjudicated as a “mental defective” or have been committed to a mental institution. If you voluntarily checked yourself into a facility, that does not count as a commitment.
5. You have renounced your American citizenship.
6. You have been convicted of misdemeanor Domestic Battery in Florida or elsewhere.
If you have been arrested in Jacksonville on criminal charges, call our Jacksonville Criminal Defense Attorneys at (904) 634-0900.