There are many drug crimes that can lead to a drug arrest in Jacksonville. A very common drug charge in Jacksonville is possession of drug paraphernalia. This is a first degree misdemeanor punishable for up to 1 year in jail.
Drug paraphernalia means all equipment, products, and materials which are used, intended for use, or designed for use in planting, cultivating, growing, manufacturing, converting, producing, or introducing into the human body a controlled substance (illegal drugs). Paraphernalia includes:
1. Kits used for planting and growing of a controlled substance such as marijuana.
2. Testing equipment used for analyzing the purity of the drug.
3. Scales and balances used to weigh the drugs.
4. Pipes, syringes, or other items used to put pot, cocaine, heroine, etc. into the body.
5. Roach clips for holding marijuana cigarettes.
6. Miniature cocaine spoons or vials.
There are other items that can be considered paraphernalia that are not on this list. Any item that is related to growing, mixing, or ingesting drugs can be considered illegal.