The United States Department of Justice releases a National Drug Threat Assessment every year. The entity just released the 2009 version and it analyzes illegal drug crimes nationally and by state, including Florida.
Some statistics from the report:
– Our government has put aside more than 14 billion dollars for fighting the drug was in America.
– More than 35 million people have used illegal drugs or abused prescription drugs in 2007.
– More than 1.8 million people have been arrested for drug crimes in America.
– Mexican drug trafficking organizations are the largest crime threat to our country.
– Cocaine is rated the most dangerous drug, followed by methamphetamine, marijuana, heroine, prescribed drugs, and ecstasy.
– Marijuana potency has increased the the highest it has ever been because of higher levels of indoor grow houses.
If you have been arrested for drug crimes in Jacksonville, Nassau County, St. Johns County, or Clay County, contact our Jacksonville Drug Attorneys at (904) 634-0900.