A Ft. Lauderdale prosecutor is accused of falsely impersonating a police officer. Ira Jultak was at an Office Depot wearing a Broward Sheriff’s Office shirt, a gun, and a badge. The police have chosen not to arrest Jultak, but he has been suspended from his job with the state attorney’s office.
In order to be arrested for impersonating a police officer in 2008->Ch0843->Section%2008#0843.08″target=”_blank”>Florida, you have to pretend to be an officer of:
1. The Florida Highway Patrol
2. The Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
3. The Department of Environmental Protection
4. The Department of Transportation
5. The Department of Financial Services
6. The Department of Corrections
OR any other police officer, probation officer, state attorney, assistant state attorney.
You also have to act as such or make someone assist you in any matter relating to the duty of the “officer”. This crime is a third degree felony punishable for up to 5 years in prison.