As a Jacksonville gun crime lawyer, I see people charged with many crimes involving weapons. Here are some gun crimes JSO can arrest you for:
1. Carrying Concealed Firearm, a third degree felony.
2. Open Carrying of a Firearm, a second degree misdemeanor.
3. Improper Exhibition of a Firearm, a first degree misdemeanor.
4. Discharging a Firearm in Public, a third degree felony. It will be upgraded to a second degree felony if the gunshot is within 1,000 feet of a person.
5. Possession of a Short-Barreled Rifle, a second degree felony.
6. Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon, a second degree felony.