Between June 3rd and 5th of this year, a poll was conducted on registered voters in Jacksonville. The poll was commissioned by certain Jacksonville business leaders. The results were:
– 65% approve of the way Jacksonville Sheriff John Rutherford is performing as sheriff.
– 26% disapprove
– 24% believe that crime in Jacksonville is an immediate and urgent crisis.
– 38% believe crime in Jacksonville is a serious problem.
– 18% believe crime in Jacksonville is one of many problems in the city.
– 14% believe crime in Jacksonville will affect the future of our city.
– 3% believe crime in Jacksonville is a minor problem.
– 49% would pay more in taxes if they knew it would only be used for more police and intervention programs in Jacksonville.
– 42% would not pay more taxes.
– 28% believe Jacksonville’s crime problem threatens them and their family directly.
– 41% believe Jacksonville’s crime problem threatens their local area, but not them directly.
– 24% believe it is a problem in other parts of town.