Under Florida law, the police can strip search you only under certain conditions. Strip search is defined as having someone who is under arrest take off or arrange their clothing so an officer can do a visual or manual inspection of your genitals, backside, anus, or breasts. You can only be strip searched if:
1. The officer has probable cause to believe you are hiding a weapon, drugs, or controlled substance.
2. A judge at first appearance denies bond and you can’t get out of jail.
3. Every search is performed by someone the same sex as the arrested person and is conducted in a private place.
4. The search is performed in clean environment.
5. The officer gets written permission from a supervisor.