Withold of Adjudication in Jacksonville, Florida

When you enter a plea to a criminal charge in Jacksonville, the judge can either adjudicate you guilty or withhold adjudication. When the court withholds adjudication, you are not convicted of the criminal charge you were arrested for. Under Florida law, you are technically only supposed to get one withhold in your life on a felony.

In order to get a second withhold on a felony, the prosecutor in your case must request it in writing or the judge has to make written findings as to why the withhold is appropriate in your case. The judge will look at the circumstances surrounding your Jacksonville criminal arrest and deem it appropriate or not.

Contact Information